The Maison Européenne de la Photographie, the Gervanne + Matthias Leridon Collection and the Cité Internationale des Arts are launching a new residency program to develop skills in African photography.
This residency, spearheaded by Gervanne and Matthias Leridon in collaboration with the Maison Européenne de la Photographie and the Cité internationale des expressions, aims to support young African creation and to highlight imaginative practices that explore new types of photography.
It also aims to promote the mobility of artists so that they can share their work and develop their network. With this program, the Gervanne + Matthias Leridon Collection and its partners are committed to supporting the winner’s project by allowing him or her to benefit from privileged assistance and a three-month residency in the heart of Paris.
The winner will benefit from :
- a three-month creative residency, from January 3 to March 28, 2022, at the Cité internationale des arts, in a studio-living space including a work area and a furnished living space (bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, wifi internet connection), located in the heart of Paris, and near the Maison Européenne de la Photographie.
- privileged artistic and professional support: access to the organizations and narrative resources of the three partners.
- Call for entries: October 15 to November 14, 2021 (11:59 pm)
- Announcement of the winner: November 30, 2021
- Artistic residency: January 3 to March 28, 2022